- Minimally invasive injectable treatment
- Ideal for men and women 18 years or older
- Recommended for fine lines and wrinkles caused by stiff muscles
- Virtually painless with topical anesthetic
- No downtime after treatment
- Cost ranges between $170 and $500 depending on the amount used during treatment
- Initial results after three days; full results after 10 to 14 days
- Results last three to four months
Planning for a BOTOX® Treatment
It’s important to plan for your BOTOX® treatment from preparation all the way through aftercare. Exact steps may vary depending on the treatment area and types of wrinkles being addressed.
Before the Treatment Day
Before your BOTOX® treatment:
- Prepare a list of questions for your BOTOX® consultation.
- Meet with us for your informative consultation.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least a week before your BOTOX® treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications for at least a week prior to your BOTOX® session.
- Refrain from eating food with garlic for seven days before the treatment session in order to minimize the risk of bruising after treatment.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes in the days leading up to your BOTOX® treatment session.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Consider applying Arnica cream days before the treatment session, as it can help minimize post-treatment bruising.
To prepare for aftercare before your BOTOX® treatment:
- Review the BOTOX® aftercare instructions provided.
- Prepare ice packs to address any post-treatment bruising.
- Postpone any activities related to exercise, saunas, sun exposure, tanning beds, hot tubs, and alcohol.
- Postpone any facials, exfoliating scrubs, or facial massages.
- Purchase a gentle facial cleanser.
On the Treatment Day
On the day of your BOTOX® treatment:
- Do your workout routine before your BOTOX® treatment session, since patients must avoid working out for up to 48 hours after treatment.
- Clean your face thoroughly to get rid of products, oil, and other impurities that may cause an acne outbreak.
- Relax by meditating, listening to music, or reading so that you will be in a calm place for your BOTOX® treatment session.
Botox® and Microneedling
What is Microneedling?
Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, is a cosmetic procedure that generates the production of new collagen and skin tissue for an overall smoother and more toned appearance. As you might guess from the description, it is used primarily on the face, and it can be used to treat scars, wrinkles, and large pores.
Microneedling is still minimally invasive and therefore requires no downtime. While BOTOX® helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles from overactive muscles, microneedling helps to generate collagen production. Combined, these two procedures can help you achieve the youthful, firm look that you want. At Natura Medspa, serving Parkland, Coral Springs, and West Boca Raton, we know exactly what procedures will help you get the outcome that you desire. Call and speak with our staff today and let us know what we can do for you.
How They Work Together For You
It is important for you to understand that while BOTOX® and microneedling can work together to create the firm and youthful appearance that you want, they should not be done at the same time. While microneedling is minimally invasive, it does penetrate the skin in order to generate new collagen and tissue. Due to this process, your skin will need time before you can have your BOTOX® procedure. BOTOX® is an injectable and therefore, it needs to be administered to intact skin only. We are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss your exact goals and desired outcomes in order to help you determine which procedures you wish to choose and in which order you want them performed. Call our office today and schedule your free consultation.
As we age, our body does not produce as much collagen as it did when we were younger. In fact, collagen production begins to slow down in our mid-20s and continues to slow down after age 30. From that point, the levels of collagen in our skin begin to drop by approximately one to two percent per year. A lack of collagen causes our skin to weaken, become thinner, and sag. Since collagen is the primary agent that helps our faces to look youthful, you can understand why people would not only want to slow down the loss of collagen, but also try to find ways to regenerate the production of this important protein. Microneedling may be the perfect solution to this problem. We are sure that you have questions about this procedure and we look forward to speaking with you when you schedule your free consultation at Natura Medspa today.
BOTOX® vs. Xeomin® vs. Dysport®
The Ultimate Wrinkle-Reduction Treatment!
BOTOX®, Xeomin®, and Dysport are neuromodulators, which means that they are substances that alter nerve impulse transmissions. Because of this, they are used to treat wrinkles between the eyebrows and glabella. The glabella is the smooth part of the forehead just above and between the eyebrows. They will eradicate lines on the forehead, minimize the appearance of crow’s feet, and treat bunny lines, the fine lines that can form around the nose.
The main difference between Xeomin and BOTOX® or Dysport® is that Xeomin contains just one ingredient: botulinum toxin A. Each of these products has a slightly different manufacturing process, which may lead to potential, yet subtle, clinical differences.
Of the three, Xeomin is the only purified substance with absolutely no additives. The benefit of Xeomin’s pure form is that the human body is less likely to become resistant to it. Unfortunately, some patients have developed antibodies in response to injections from BOTOX® and Dysport, which can make them less effective.
Schedule a BOTOX® Consultation
Over 600 Five Star Reviews
Of ratings posted on 4 verified review sites, Natura Medspa has an average rating of 4.95 stars!
Rating Score™ of 99.55 on TopRated Local!
Wrinkles appear as we age due to a decrease in the production of collagen and other nutrients in our body. While some people choose to accept this as a natural part of the aging process, this doesn’t mean that you too have to grow old gracefully. If you are tired of...
Frown lines form when you use the muscles in your face to make different expressions. Over time, the combination of aging skin and repeated expressions can cause frown lines to appear. If you are tired of looking in the mirror and seeing the fine lines become more...
- Botox Aftercare: Best Practices and Precautions You Should Know. Healthline. Published July 9, 2020. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/botox-aftercare
- Botulinum toxin therapy: FAQs. www.aad.org. Accessed May 31, 2023. https://www.aad.org/public/cosmetic/wrinkles/botulinum-toxin-faqs
- Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Mild to Moderate Platysma Bands: A Systematic Review of Efficacy, Safety, and Injection Technique | Aesthetic Surgery Journal | Oxford Academic (oup.com): https://academic.oup.com/asj/article/39/2/201/5059000