Natura Medspa is proud to provide weight loss and hormone therapy in Parkland to help patients reclaim control of their weight, health, and overall wellness. Weight loss and hormone therapy can involve hormone peptide therapy, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for more effortless weight loss and an enhanced quality of life.
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) and hormone peptide therapy can restore balance and optimal function within the body’s systems, so you can feel and look like yourself again.
- Difficulty losing weight is often related to hormonal imbalance and/or low levels of key peptides.
- Hormonal imbalance can cause an array of symptoms that negatively affect a person’s day-to-day experience.
- Low levels of specific peptides in the body lead to dysfunction within the body’s systems.
- BHRT and peptide therapy are exclusively minimally invasive or non-invasive treatments.
- These no-downtime therapies can make it easier to build muscle, reduce fat, and control your appetite, so you can achieve and maintain a healthy weight.v
- Applications for hormone peptide therapy and BHRT extend beyond weight loss, and these treatments can be tailored to address many other symptoms, from low energy and sexual wellness concerns, to mood enhancement and improved sleep.
What Is Weight Loss and Hormone Therapy?
Weight loss and hormone therapy refers to highly personalized treatments that work from within to facilitate easier weight loss and relief from symptoms associated with peptide deficiencies and/or hormone imbalance. Though there are a variety of factors that can cause hormonal fluctuations and decreased levels of peptides, the natural aging process is the most common reason for these changes in our internal systems.
Men and women are affected by changes in peptide and hormone levels as they age in different ways. However, the root cause is the same: as we get older, our bodies produce smaller amounts of peptides and of hormones like estrogen and testosterone.
Peptides are amino acid chains that are integral in initiating biological processes, such as those involved in regulating our metabolism and building muscle, among many others. When we lack an adequate supply of a particular peptide, we experience disruptions in the associated internal processes. Hormone peptide therapy focuses on increasing the number of specific peptides in the body.
Similarly, hormonal changes related to andropause in men and perimenopause and menopause in women often contribute to weight loss issues, along with many other adverse symptoms. Women are most affected by a drop in estrogen, while men are most affected by lower testosterone levels (Low T). Under proper medical supervision, hormone replacement therapy can bring estrogen and testosterone levels back to a more optimal level for dramatic improvements in the patient’s quality of life.
How to Prepare for Hormone Therapy
You will be given instructions on proper diet and exercise, which you should ideally begin following immediately after your consultation. Hormone therapy (or any medical procedure) is not intended to be a standalone weight loss solution. Instead, this type of treatment works to provide your body with the components it needs to support your diet and exercise-based weight management efforts.
If your hormone therapy treatment plan involves injections or an incision, you may be asked to do one or more of the following before your session:
- Abstain from blood thinners and anti-inflammatories for 7-10 days, as they can complicate the skin’s healing process.
- Avoid alcohol for at least three days.
- Ensure that you stay hydrated to promote fluid movement throughout the body.
- Eat a nutritious meal before your session.
- Inform us if you have developed an infection or feel otherwise unwell on the day of your session, please let us know before coming in.
What Is the Recovery Process Like for Hormone Therapy?
No particular recovery period is typically necessary for hormone therapy, so you can head back to your normal daily routine right after your session. If your procedure was performed with a small incision or injections, you might have some mild soreness in that location for a couple of days.
When Can I Expect to See Weight Loss Results?
Your result timetable will greatly depend on your specific symptoms and unique response to treatment. Most patients report noticeable changes in their appetite and weight loss progress four weeks after their initial treatment, but it can take up to six months to completely restore and rebalance your hormones. You will need to schedule follow-up appointments to ensure consistent effects.
Over 600 Five Star Reviews
Of ratings posted on 4 verified review sites, Natura Medspa has an average rating of 4.95 stars!
Rating Score™ of 99.55 on TopRated Local!
- Mayo Clinic. Hormone therapy: Is it right for you? Mayo Clinic. Published 2018. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menopause/in-depth/hormone-therapy/ART-20046372
- Bioidentical Hormones: Side Effects, Uses & More | Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic. Published 2014. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/15660-bioidentical-hormones